Yes, it is. For safety and fast charging speed, LiFePO4 battery is the best one because it is hard to get fire and explode because its internal structure is stable and it can tolerate temperature up to 500℃.
Nope. It is a kind of lithium ion battery. There are many kinds of lithium ion batteries.
Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide battery (NMC)
Lithium Cobalt Oxide battery (LCO)
Lithium Manganese Oxide battery (LMO)
Lithium Nickel Cobalt Aluminum Oxide battery (NCA)
Lithium Titanate battery（LTO）
For its longer cycle life, extremely safety , better charging efficiency, great high-temperature behavior and etc, it’s hard not to be impressed
Because manufacturing cost much thus you will spend more. Nevertheless, it is quite cheap for you to hold one LiFePO4 for 7 to 8 years because it has a long cycle life.
The following is the right method to charge LiFePO4 battery
- It is best to use the special charger equipped by the manufacturer.If you lose it, it is OK to use other one.
- Constant current charging: That is, the current is certain, and the voltage of LiFePO4battery increases gradually with the charging process. Generally charge it with 0.2C current. When the battery voltage closes to the full voltage of 4.2V, charge it with constant voltage.
- Constant voltage charging:That is, the voltage is certain, and the current gradually decreases as the saturation degree of the cell deepens. According to the specification, when the current decreases to 0.01c, that is, 10mA, the charging is terminated.
- Stay away from water while charging
- The best charging temperature is 0-45℃ which can accelerate internal chemical material moving speed. Then we can charge more quickly.
- When charging process finished, please do not put your charger and LiFePO4battery together.
Yes. It is best to use the special charger equipped by the manufacturer. If you do not have one, it is OK to use other one. Because different types of batteries have their own charging programs and termination detection methods, thus it is best to charge your LiFePO4 battery with matched charger.
Of course not.
First of all, its internal structure is stable and it can tolerate temperature up to 500℃.
Second, here is a protecting circuit inside the battery. Once there is a trend to uncontrollable things, the protecting circuit will take actions quickly.
Third, internal material of LiFePO4 battery are inflammable which will not give chances to fire or explosion accident.
Yes. Well, for starters, LiFePO4 batteries are incredibly efficient compared to traditional batteries. Not only that, they’re super-light and you can use most of your battery’s capacity without any problems. So overall, yes– LiFePO4 batteries are great.